Forum
By Dan Tole On 25 Jan, 2013 At 11:13 AM | Categorized As | With Comments Off

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Episode 47
yeahbeer
Administrator
Post Episode 47
on: December 13, 2013, 19:30

Name your top 5 games of the year.

Image Image

Ladyhawk
Post Re: Episode 47
on: December 16, 2013, 17:33

Questions like these are always intensely personal. We are not answering under any official capacity but simply of personal taste. The following are my top five pics for 2013 based solely on my game play and my enjoyment of the games.
1. God of War Ascension Now if people know one thing about me, it is that I am a God Of War fan girl. This angry vengeful character just bonds with me on a personal level. The healthy historic Greek myth mix with brutal free flowing combat is well, epic. Now it disappoints me that this game doesn't get the credit it deserves, yes the story suffers as it is a prequel to all we know and love and there are some cinematic moments that are missed, but come on this team built MP as well. Basically did what no GOW team as ever done, building two games at once. I love Mp and I wish that it would have gained more support so there would be more maps. Still my most anticipated game and most enjoyed.
2. Bioshock Infinate the original Bioshock was my very first fps and it was a disturbing and creepy place to visit, I loved it. This latest installment Dlc excluded, takes place in a new world entirely but so beautiful and rich in it’s own right. I love visiting Columbia just as much as Rapture, but I have to say I am never as scared or as nervous about what’s around the next bend like in Rapture.
3. Dead Space 3 Another game that did not get enough credit, it’s space what the hell? I feel invincible as Issac Clark we have been through so much together, dark, dank , blood splattered rooms, attacked by muli limb abominations, short ,way to fast toddlers with claw like fingers to worst of all exploding babies. Yes I want more of these games please!
4. Grand theft Auto Five My very 1st GTA game, what a blast I spent an embarrassing amount of time on this, it ran away with me. I need to get back to it, I was distracted by the new shinny (PS4) but there is always some new shinny isn’t there?
5. Terraria I did not take this game seriously when I first saw it. Holy crap! Time slips away when playing this, it seems like mere moments have passed while your organizing and building crap and then you look up to find hours missing from your life. Also if you need to entertain or keep a better half or spouse busy, give them this game! My husband is so involved he is taking notes off the wiki. I haven’t had to spend quality time with him for a good month! I actually bought the PC version for like $2.75 on sale, I could not pass up the Holiday items and bosses so if you haven’t played it do it! Just approach with caution as you have been warned.

Strathem
Beginner
on: December 17, 2013, 05:45

What a great response!

I was just about to put up a list of 5 games but after reading this I might have to take a bit more time, you would make a good writer Ladyhawk :)

Ladyhawk
on: December 17, 2013, 07:53

Wow! Thank you Strathem you made my day :) I look forward to reading yours! It's a hard question, so many games to choose from.

Strathem
Beginner
on: December 20, 2013, 19:43

Righty ho, games of the year time!

We have been more than a little blessed with quality games this year and it has been really tough to get down to just 5 but these are my choices based on how much I enjoyed them.

1) Tomb Raider - This for me was the game of the year, it re-imagined one of the most loved franchises in video game history and did so in style. A real rollercoaster ride from beginning to end with gorgeous visuals, excellent combat mechanics and a gripping (if a little far fetched) story.
2) Ni No Kuni - I absolutely love this game, it is so beautiful you could just watch someone play it and enjoy the story. Studio Gibli have worked their usual magic but to do it in a video game as charming as this really is an phenomenal achievement. As an RPG it might not be everyones cup of tea but I would defy anyone to not be drawn in by its charm.
3) Beyond: Two Souls - A bit of a marmite game with people this one but it was a massive hit in our house, this was a game I just couldn't put down, the story was so good and I loved the ability to mould the destiny of Jodie and Aiden. Yes it is a very film like experience but you do feel like you are in control of what is happening rather than watching.
4) Pokémon X&Y - A truly epic experience, Pokémon has always been fun but with the graphical overhaul I felt even more attached to my Pokémon this time around and it is as addictive as ever!
5) LEGO Marvel Superheroes - A late entry this one, I have only just finished reviewing this for the site and it is one of the best games I have played in a looong time. It's an absolute blast to play from beginning to end and my son Luke and I have barely touched anything else on the PS4 in comparison.

To be fair this list would look very different if I hadn't just started playing The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds as it has the potential to top the list. Shout out to The Last of Us and GTA V which were also excellent.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

comment closed